I am an Independent Financial Adviser providing individuals and corporate clients with expert investment and independent financial advice. I serve a loyal and broad client base located across Andover, Newbury, Winchester, Marlborough, Salisbury and everywhere in between.
I am supported by an expert team at 2plan wealth management, which is a financial services company providing compliance, research and administrative support. This enables me to focus on servicing my clients’ needs. My ethos is to provide clients with clear, unbiased, financial advice with a special focus on investment portfolios, Inheritance Tax (IHT) reduction, retirement and pre-retirement planning.
Very importantly, I provide truly independent advice; this means that I’m not tied to particular products or providers, so I can always offer the widest range of products and services available. My investment service provides solutions to all of the major financial challenges in life and is built on an understanding of each client. No two financial plans are ever the same, and I don’t believe in ‘one-size-fits-all’. Whether you’re saving for school fees, or growing and protecting your wealth, I know that managing investments in today’s changing world can be complicated and time-consuming, so this service gives my clients great peace of mind.
Continuity is another important element, so a key part of my service is regular financial and investment reviews. This enables my clients to remain confident that their financial plans continue to match their ongoing and changing needs. I work towards the highest professional standards. As well as being an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA), I undertake continual professional development to ensure my knowledge is always up to date.
I live in Hampshire with my wife and dogs. When I’m not helping people with their finances, I can often be found ‘making shapes on the dance floor’ as a Modern Jive or Ballroom dancer or, on stage as part of a musical theatre group. I’m also known by my friends to be a snappy dresser, a keen cyclist and an intrepid traveller – when I get the chance!
- Long distance cycling
- Films, TV & theatre
- Good food
- Amateur dramatics and musical theatre
- Slow responses
- Spam emails
- Mobile speed cameras
- Any plants with thorns – they attack me!
Don’t do business with a financial planner, financial adviser or investment adviser, or broker without first verifying their credentials. Mark’s credentials can be viewed below.
- SPS: A Statement of Professional Standing is a requirement for practicing retail investment advisers. It confirms that Mark has:
- Successfully completed an FCA approved Level 4 qualification, such as the Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipPFS®)
- Completed annual CPD that meets FCA requirements
- Acted in accordance with FCA fit and proper standards and our Code of Ethics
- An appropriate CF30 Active status on the FCA register
Click here to view Mark’s SPS
- FCA Register: The Financial Services Register is a public record that shows details of firms, individuals and other bodies that are, or have been, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). You can search the Register to find out whether a firm you plan to do business with is authorised by the FCA or PRA, or is exempt. Click here to see Templegate Financial Planning’s listing on the FCA Register.
Mark in the spotlight
On an ideal weekend, you can find me:
"In the countryside on my bike, or having a meal with friends."
My favourite holiday destination is:
My favourite song to play in the car is:
"Always look on the bright side of life."
The first album I bought was:
"Boney M, Love for Sale."
If I could be any fictional character, I would be:
"The ultimate, Superman."
My pet peeve is:
"People eating popcorn or similar at the cinema during the film."
The best gift I’ve ever received is:
"Meeting my wife."
The three people at my dream dinner party would be:
"Billy Connolly, Lee Evans & Julia Roberts."
The three small things that make my day better are:
"IT working, arriving on time, no stress."